Monday, May 27, 2013

Lotion, Ice Cream, Brownies, Oh My!

What a raining day today turned out to be!  So much for a BBQ and playing outside today, but I had fun making a few things while Gregg and the girls were playing video games or doing homework.  I made Magnesium Lotion, homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Chocolate Ice Cream and Chewy Fudge Brownies for a special Holiday dessert! 

First is the lotion.  I had everything except the Magnesium flakes last week, so I ordered a bag from Amazon and today I finally had time to make this recipe.
  Modern Alternative Mama's recipe was so easy and quick! I melted the oils & wax together.
As she says in her post you can add essential oils and/or infused oils to the recipe.  So I replaced half the Avocado oil with some Calendula & Rose hip infused Sweet Almond oil and I added some Lavender, Vetiver & Clary Sage essential oils.(to help with restless leg syndrome).
Then I mixed the oils with the magnesium oil, and like magic it get think and turns to lotion!  It is just so cool how that works!  
Here is the final product!  It is a great body lotion and it really smells good too! 

Next up, the Gluten free Chewy Fudge Brownies! Oh my goodness are this yummy!!  These brownies are chewy and rich and yet crunchy on the sides and the top!  Best of both worlds.  What is crazy is these are made with oats and no wheat flour so they are gluten free!
So easy to make, just put the oats in the food processor and blend until flour like, then add the other ingredients and bake.  They taste as good as they look!
I made the brownies to go with the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Chocolate Ice Cream tonight.  The recipe is from the ebook Just Making Ice Cream, this is a great book with some awesome ice cream recipes that I never knew you could make homemade! This recipe is chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cookie dough pieces made from real food and no chemicals!  Although, it was a very soft serve ice cream because it was getting late and the girls had to go to bed for their last week of school, it still was very yummy ice cream!
 Here is the sinful combo that I am eating...
                                                           so, got to go, time to eat this yummy dessert!





No comments:

Post a Comment