Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let the gardening begin!

Yes!  We finally finished the 2 raised beds for my garden today!  Thanks so much to our awesome and hard working friend Bob for designing and building these beds for us!  The girls and I helped as much as we could, but he did the hard work!  Today we moved 6 yards of good garden compost dirt into these 2 beds, it took most of the day, but it was a beautiful day for a good arm work out! :)  Here are a few pictures of the dirt being moved and the finished raised beds!

 Just about done with the moving the dirt pile out of the driveway!
This is the last of the pile.  Lizzy loves smiley faces!
Zoe showing here tools of choice! 
 Raised bed #1 on the east side of the yard.  I will be planting veggies and companion herbs as soon as I can now that we got dirt!  Actually, we still need to put the caps on top of these brick, that will be tomorrow's job!
Raised bed #2 in the back yard on south side of the yard.  I am going to plant other herbs here and some raspberry bushes too!  Just today our neighbor across the street said I could have some of his raspberry bushes that just came up since he as so many now.  My girls are so excited since they love raspberries!  So, this weekend I will be digging them up, walking them across the street and planting them here! :)  Maybe I will have to plant some other berries too!  What other fruit should I plant here?  What have you had success with in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment